ODILO is an ed-tech company born in Spain and the founder and trailblazer of the global Unlimited Learning movement. We partner with the most innovative institutions and support over 170 Million users in 50 countries.
ODILO enables organizations to develop their customized unlimited learning ecosystem. That way, they can offer users unlimited access to the world's largest catalog of educational resources on an intelligent platform where they can create any type of educational experience without restrictions.
Only in ODILO can institutions build cultures of unlimited learning possibilities and build sustainable learning habits.
Our team is truly international (19+ nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content, and technology sectors.
As the VP Sales for Spanish and Portuguese speaking markets, you will have an Executive role reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, and you will be fully responsible for our direct sales business in these highly strategic markets and will become a key part of the Odilo´s Executive Committee responsible of redefining education with the Unlimited Learning Category that Odilo is pioneering,
You will own our commercial efforts by leading our go-to-market, new sales and account management teams while strongly contributing to our marketing and product strategy for all your assigned markets.
To succeed in this role you will need to have strong leadership skills, a strong understanding of both managing complex deals with big organizations and public entities and transactional deals with small organizations, multi-stakeholder management, communications and leadership skills, adapt easily to new scenarios as well as have a results-driven mentality.
We are working on achieving a critical mission: Creating equality in education by making the highest quality digital content seamless, accessible, and affordable to all.
Help everyone reach their full potential by providing personalized and intelligent unlimited learning experiences during their whole life.
What you will do at ODILO:
- Hire, Coach and professionally develop our Sales teams ( regional managers, KAM, Account Managers) in all the Spanish or Portuguese speaking countries.
- Develop a very ambitious plan to quickly amplify our sales coverage (double size in one year) in new countries and verticals by hiring the best local talent in every region and establishing the commercial launch activities.
- Support your sales team in closing international business in education, smart cities, cultural spaces, academic and digital transformation organizations.
- Work towards surpassing our revenue plans for every country and vertical unders your leadership.
- Analyze regional market dynamics and geo-political risks in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities.
- Directly contribute to the most relevant deals (+1M€) while creating and maintaining excellent relationships with our best customers and partners.
- As a Global Market Executive, you will become the biggest advocate of your market, working closely with Sales Operations, Sales Strategy and Sales Enablement teams for defining the customer segmentation and overall strategy and progress of your markets and with the Marketing teams to define and execute the Marketing plan (lead generation, conferences, partnerships, etc)
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Proven Track record of building, scaling, training and coaching high performance B2B sales teams (10 to +100 people) that have consistently met their quotas for both new business and customer expansion.
- People you've managed still consider you a mentor and have gone on to do big things; many of them would work with you again in a heartbeat
- Experience creating consultative selling organizations with customer success at the forefront (i.e. The Challenger Customer)
- You can demonstrate previous success adapting the sales playbook to manage a complex sales structure with different processes and sales cycles to accommodate different customer segmentations.
- Proven success executing go to market initiatives with strong focus on outbound Sales and Account Based Sales.
- Ability to get involved in complex scenarios, with complex deals architecture, and work directly with prospects and customers when needed.
- Fluent in Spanish and at least Portuguese or English . Diligent in keeping sales pipeline information accurate and up to date in company CRM. Willing to build an open and transparent culture in the team.
- You enjoy “being in the trenches” with your team: you love listening to calls, reading between the lines on what customers are truly saying, reviewing CRM information daily to gain new insights and coach the team or ideating with the team on a better approach.
- Brings both hunter and farmer mentality to the team. Well-organized and prepared. Able to work towards clear deadlines with strong work ethics.
- Truly passionate about education and lifelong learning. Clear vision on how to create a strong proactive learning culture will be a key factor for every organization's success.
What would make us happy:
- Previous experience leading a sales organization working in multiple countries.
- Previous experience working in the education or SaaS industries.
- Experience working with big public institutions or with most important academic institutions.
Working at Odilo is about being part of a lifelong learning culture, where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job within an international, creative, and ambitious work environment
- An inspiring working space in the center of Madrid.
- Flexible Compensation Plans: Food, Transportation, Childcare, Training, Health insurance and much more.
- A salary commensurate with track record and experience
- Real opportunities for internal professional development
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!