ODILO is an ed-tech company born in Spain and the founder and trailblazer of the global Unlimited Learning movement. We partner with the most innovative institutions and support over 170 Million users in 50 countries.
ODILO enables organizations to develop their customized unlimited learning ecosystem. That way, they can offer users unlimited access to the world's largest catalog of educational resources on an intelligent platform where they can create any type of educational experience without restrictions.
Only in ODILO can institutions build cultures of unlimited learning possibilities and build sustainable learning habits.
Our team is truly international (19+ nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content, and technology sectors.
As Financial Controller, you will report to the Head of Finance and work within the Finance team participating actively in the control of financial figures, reporting, consolidation, budget, forecasting and periodical alignment with the different business lines.
Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, being very hands-on, with outstanding communication skills, creativity, self-motivation and experience working with excel, dashboard creation and other financial platforms.
We are working on achieving a critical mission: Creating equality in education by making the highest quality digital content seamless, accessible, and affordable to all.
Help everyone reach their full potential by providing personalized and intelligent unlimited learning experiences during their whole life.
What you will do at ODILO
- Enhancement of Financial Services overall.
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data
- Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends
- Perform monthly consolidation reporting ensuring an outstanding attention to detail.
- Absorb tax related tasks (VAT, CIT, others) analysis and liaise with tax adviser and auditors
- Participate actively in the Finance/Accounting closing process (AR, AP, GL, FA, Taxes).
- Participate actively in building the Finance team of tomorrow, create processes, automate and collaborate to make our project a true success. All options are a possibility, we are open to grow within all angles.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- Degree in Business Management (ADE), Accounting, Finance or similar
- Proficiency in English/Spanish
- Advanced accounting/finance knowledge
- Experience with Accounting ERP’s and processes.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards (Proficiency with Ms Excel)
- Experience in Consolidated and Financial Reporting
What would make us happy:
- Experience in multinational enterprises.
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with fast growing and changing environments with the ability to work independently
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior managers/executives
Working at ODILO is about being part of a permanent learning culture, where everyone has the opportunity to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job within an international, creative, and ambitious work environment.
- Semi-remote work options available.
- Flexible Compensation Plans: Food, Transportation, Childcare, Training, Health insurance and much more.
- A salary commensurate with track record and experienceReal opportunities for internal professional development.
Sounds like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!