We are ODILO: A fast-growing SaaS company with a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and provide educational technology solutions to help our users reach their full potential.
Throughout our solutions, we integrate access to millions of digital content from the world's best providers and, together with educational technology and Artificial Intelligence, enable any organization to create its own unlimited learning ecosystem.
Currently, more than 4,500 institutions trust us (governments, schools, libraries, universities, companies and startups), providing access to Odilo to more than 149 million users in over 50 countries.
In addition, we are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve learning in Europe.
Our team is truly international (+15 nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content and technology sectors.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will code, execute and maintain automated testing scripts, as well as overseeing the overall work of the Automation Engineers team. In this role, the Automation Engineer will collaborate with the Development and DevOps teams, defining expectations and modifications in the software to help prevent and fix quality problems.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn what you want at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and execute automated tests.
- Provide leadership and direction to automation projects.
- Lead, train, and coach a team of Automation Engineers.
- Estimate, prioritize, and coordinate automated testing activities.
- Execute automated tests on the local environment and CI server.
- Develop standards and procedures using automation testing to ensure product quality and release readiness.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, and test reports for automated testing.
- Report QA metrics and test automation progress per product.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall automated testing processes.
- Discover, analyze, and document defects and risks in the products.
- Design and execute regression and manual tests, if needed.
The ideal candidate will bring:
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven work experience in software development companies.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Ability to take the lead and be the subject matter expert of an Automation Engineering Team.
- 4+ years of experience in automated testing..
- Proven work experience with tools such as Selenium WebDriver or Appium.
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum development process.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong ability to communicate complex problems across business teams.
- Be a team player and have a strong desire to solve problems, result oriented.
- Positive attitude and ability to solve problems autonomously.
It will be a big Plus:
Experience working both in an office and within a distributed team.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Experience with performance, load and/or penetration testing.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Experience with Git, Cucumber, JMeter, Postman, Junit, TestNG or Maven.
- ISTQB Test Automation Engineer or related certification is a plus.