We are ODILO: a fast-growing edtech company with a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and provide educational technology solutions to help our users reach their full potential.
Through our solutions, we provide access to millions of digital content items from the world's best providers and, using educational technology and Artificial Intelligence, enabling any organization to create its own unlimited learning ecosystem.
Currently, more than 4,500 institutions (governments, schools, libraries, universities, companies, and startups) place their trust in Odilo, providing access to their unlimited learning platforms to more than 170 million users in over 50 countries.
Our team is truly international (19+ nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content, and technology sectors.
As the Country Sales Manager Education you will have a Director role reporting to the VP of Sales, and you will be fully responsible for our direct & indirect sales business in the Chilean and Colombian markets, and will become a key part of Odilo´s Education Vertical responsible for redefining Education institutions with the Unlimited Learning Category that Odilo is pioneering.
You will own our commercial efforts by leading our go-to-market, new sales, upselling, renewals and account management strategies, while strongly contributing to our marketing and product strategy for the Chilean and Colombian Markets in the Education Vertical.
To succeed in this role you will need to have strong leadership skills, a strong understanding of both managing complex deals with large private and public entities, and transactional deals with small organizations. Multi-stakeholder management, communications and leadership skills, as well as adapting easily to new scenarios and having a results-driven mentality are also a must for this role.
Our mission and vision: empower everyone to become the best version of themselves by allowing any organization to provide unlimited learning in the most frictionless, efficient and valuable way.
What you will do at ODILO:
- As a Country Manager in the Education Vertical, you will become the biggest advocate of your market, working closely with Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, and Sales Enablement teams to define the customer segmentation and overall strategy and progress of your market and with the Marketing teams to define and execute the Marketing plan (lead generation, conferences, partnerships, etc).
- Develop a very ambitious sales plan to quickly amplify our sales coverage and hire the best local talent in Chile and Colombia and establish the commercial launch activities.
- Hire and develop our Sales team in the Education Vertical (Key Account Managers) in Chile and Colombia.
- Support your sales team in closing business in the education, smart cities, cultural spaces, and education and digital transformation organizations.
- Work towards surpassing our revenue plans.
- Analyze regional market dynamics and geo-political risks in an effort to maximize existing successes and create new sales growth opportunities.
- Directly contribute to the most relevant deals (+100K $) while creating and maintaining excellent relationships with our best customers and partners.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- At least +12 years of total sales/consulting experience.
- Experience selling deals in the education business and comfortable working on a regular basis with C_level individuals for large education institutions.
- At least 5 years of experience selling large-volume (>$500k.) deals directly in complex and sophisticated scenarios under MEDDIC or similar sales methodologies (SPIN, BANT, …), where consultative approach is essential
- Experience selling value added applications or Consulting Projects or learning programs with a strong technology component (SaaS, Integrators of Technology, LMS systems, ERP, CRMs, Customized Technology development, etc).
- At least 3 years of proven experience leading a team of 3-5 KAMs
- Experience creating a consultative selling approach with customer success at the forefront (i.e. The Challenger Customer), creating specific offers for each project
- You can demonstrate previous success adapting the sales playbook to manage a complex sales structure with different processes and sales cycles to accommodate different customer segmentations.
- Proven success executing go-to-market initiatives with a strong focus on outbound Sales and Account Based Sales.
- Ability to get involved in complex scenarios, with complex deals architecture, and work directly with prospects and customers when needed.
- Native Spanish Speaker and Intermediate level in English.
- Diligent in keeping sales related information accurate and up to date in company CRM.
- Willing to build an open and transparent culture in the team.
- Coach the team and build along with them a better approach.
- Brings both hunter and farmer mentality to the team. Well-organized and prepared.
- Able to work towards clear deadlines with a strong work ethic.
- Truly passionate about education and lifelong learning. A clear vision of how to create a strong proactive learning culture will be a key factor for every organization's success.
What would make us happy:
- Previous experience leading a consulting sales organization working in multiple countries.
- Previous experience in education strategic consulting projects.
- Previous experience working in the education or technological system integration industries.
- Experience working with big organizations or with the most important education institutions.
- Large experience building and growing sales teams.
- Experience training and leading teams (+5 individuals) with different profiles of KAMs (hunters and farmers).
Working at Odilo is about being part of a lifelong learning culture, where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
A fast moving and challenging job within a mission driven company in an international, creative, and ambitious work environment.
- Unlimited learning with Odilofy, our platform with more than 3 million contents in all formats (books, audiobooks, learning experiences, movies, courses...).
- A salary commensurate with track record and experience. (Compensation structure: 50% base - 50% variable).
- Real opportunities for internal professional development.
Sounds like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!